Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denial
Contributor II
Contributor II

Getting issue while creating File Channel as Source

Hi ,

Can you please explain how the file channel as a source works :-

1) Do we need to create any storage folder path or by default will it take .If i am giving the path in the way as mentioned in the guide C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\data\databases\file_channel it is throwing an error as does not exist or cannot be accessed.

2)What password do i need to keep in Advance setting.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
11 Replies
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @Denial 

Please refer below link for file channel as a source.

Using a file as a source | Qlik Replicate Help

Thanks

Naren

Denial
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Naren,

Thanks for providing information after creating an endpoint connection how can i load the txt files i didnt found any option where to load data to file channel as a source  and replicate.

Thanks,

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello Denial,

Remote tasks use the File Channel as a source endpoint. You use the file created by the local task for this source. You can replicate the data to any endpoint that is supported by Qlik Replicate.

You define the location of the File-Channel file as the remote location where the file was created[Local Task-File Channel as Target]

Remote task #Remote task | Qlik Replicate Help

Regards,

Suresh

Regards,

Suresh

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello Denial,

Please refer the Attachment document for reference: File channel setup in my local.

Attachment: File_Channel_Setup.docx

Regards,

Suresh

suvbin
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for the document. Can you please elaborate on how to transfer files from Remote_task (Source) to Local_task (target) ... With steps.

Thanks.

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @suvbin 

First we need to create Local Task->Any Source endpoint [ eg: SQL Server/Oracle/PostgreSQL]--> replicate to File Channel as a Target

then we need to create Remote Task--> Which reads data from Local Task--> replicate to any Target endpoint[ eg SQL Server/Oracle/MYSQL/PostgreSQL etc]

Regards,
Suresh

Denial
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Suresh,

We have created the tasks and faced an issue documented the file , Can you please help on this attaching log files.

Thanks,

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello Denial,

I could be able to INSERT and UPDATE the value. Please try to delete the folders inside C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\data\databases [Default location] and reload both Local and Remote Task.

Try to do DML operations [Insert+Update].

Let us know the results.

Regards,
Suresh

Denial
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Suresh,

I followed the same steps but  not able to do inserts and updates in the Remote task, In  local task i can do but in remote task it is  throwing  errors attaching the document where errors and screen shots are captured .

Thanks,