UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III

How to ignore case insensitivities when loading into target MySQL database?

We are loading from Oracle source into MySQL 8.0 target databases. The row count on both source and target databases do not tally. Setting verbose target apply doesn't help as it showed that the total number of records were loaded correctly. However when we did a "select count(*)" over the target database show that we have lesser records.

Further probe we discovered that MySQL database in the target endpoint has rejected records that are case sensitive.  Is there a way to instruct Replicate so that it will ignore case insensitivity? 

Thank you.
Desmond 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have found a solution to this. The default collation on MySQL 8.0 is utf8mb4_0900_as_ci (case insensitive) which means "ABC" and "abc" are treated as same value.

By changing the database collation to "utf8mb4_0900_as_cs" (case sensitive) allows me to load all the data into MySQL.

Regards

Desmond

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew 

Please open a Support ticket with us to analyze further on this.

Regards,
Suresh

desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have found a solution to this. The default collation on MySQL 8.0 is utf8mb4_0900_as_ci (case insensitive) which means "ABC" and "abc" are treated as same value.

By changing the database collation to "utf8mb4_0900_as_cs" (case sensitive) allows me to load all the data into MySQL.

Regards

Desmond

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew 

That's good to hear that, the issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Suresh