Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Liu
Partner - Contributor III

How to make sure the Qlik Replicate VM's Hosts name?

Hi Sirs,

I has POC that used the Qlik Replicate VM on GCP , could you know how to make sure the Qlik Replicate VM hosts name?
Is it use the marketplace develope name? or should use replicate web console's license request form to confirm?

Thanks.
Aaron 2022-10-7

Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Pedro_Lopez
Support
Support

Hello Aaron,

You should see the hostname on your top right corner of the Replicate's UI as such:

Pedro_Lopez_1-1665138775017.png

Could you advise if the host name is going to be used to monitor the Replicate machine through Qlik Enterprise Manager?

Let us know if this is what you were looking for or if we can help with anything else

Regards,
Pedro

View solution in original post

Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi,

You could certainly use the replicate web console's license request form. It is recommended way to get the host name correct for a license request.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

Thanks
Michael

john_wang
Support
Support

Hi,

Agree with @Michael_Litz . There are different APIs to get the hostname, however the most exact one is the web console's license request form. Use it to avoid any licensing confusion.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Aaron,

Just adding to the thread the Host Name is also in the beginning of the Replicate Log repsrv.log as shown below. 

Example of the first line of the repsrv.log file located in Install Path\Attunity\Replicate\Data\log

File Name: repsrv.log

00020652: 2022-10-20T11:22:22 [AT_GLOBAL ]I: Attunity Replicate Server Log (V2022.5.0.644 host.name.domain.com Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise Edition (build 9200) 64-bit, Revision:15a652f83c959187375bb3c339454e45422166cd, PID: 13972) started at Thu Oct 20 11:22:22 2022 

Thanks!

Bill

5 Replies
Pedro_Lopez
Support
Support

Hello Aaron,

You should see the hostname on your top right corner of the Replicate's UI as such:

Pedro_Lopez_1-1665138775017.png

Could you advise if the host name is going to be used to monitor the Replicate machine through Qlik Enterprise Manager?

Let us know if this is what you were looking for or if we can help with anything else

Regards,
Pedro

Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi,

You could certainly use the replicate web console's license request form. It is recommended way to get the host name correct for a license request.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

Thanks
Michael

john_wang
Support
Support

Hi,

Agree with @Michael_Litz . There are different APIs to get the hostname, however the most exact one is the web console's license request form. Use it to avoid any licensing confusion.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Aaron_Liu
Author

Hi Sirs,

Thanks for your suggest.

The Qlik Replicate VM is run on the GCP that env is holds on other cooperation partner, I was send the confirm hosts name step to them , but them just response me a VM marketplace develope name.

I will continue to ask them.

Thank you very much.
Aaron 2022-10-11

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Aaron,

Just adding to the thread the Host Name is also in the beginning of the Replicate Log repsrv.log as shown below. 

Example of the first line of the repsrv.log file located in Install Path\Attunity\Replicate\Data\log

File Name: repsrv.log

00020652: 2022-10-20T11:22:22 [AT_GLOBAL ]I: Attunity Replicate Server Log (V2022.5.0.644 host.name.domain.com Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise Edition (build 9200) 64-bit, Revision:15a652f83c959187375bb3c339454e45422166cd, PID: 13972) started at Thu Oct 20 11:22:22 2022 

Thanks!

Bill