Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DendyLazuardi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to transformation column auto increment in target data

Hello,

I am looking for some help related to transformations.  So i want to add more column in target data for field let say "transformid" and in this field i want to use Auto Increment so if there any insert in Source Data, the Target Data will count 1,2,3 etc

Can anyone let me know if this is possible or not? and if possible how do i build expression

Thanks you

Dendy

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

If all rows are to be unique then you could use rowno() to get a 1 for the first row, 2 for the second and so on. 

LOAD
   RowNo() as IncrementID,
   FieldA,
   FieldB,
   Etc
FROM [Source Data];

Edit: I accidentally wrote RecNo() in my orignial script sample, I've changed it to RowNo(). RecNo() will give you the row number of the source table not the target table.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Dendy,

Are you talking about Qlik Replicate transformation?

It's not difficult in Replicate but I think the best approach is using the database itself auto-increasing functionalities (auto-increasing columns in SQL Server, MySQL, or sequence column in Oracle etc...), the advantage of using DB's functions than using Qlik Replicate transformation are:
1. The task definition is simple and easy maintanence;
2. Gain better performance (you need not do the compute in Replicate and no unnecessary network taffic especailly for huge changes)

I'm not sure if your target DB have such ability. If not we will try to find other options.

thanks,

John WANG.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Vegar
MVP
MVP

@DendyLazuardi 

I am sorry. I missed the detail that you where posting in the Qlik Replicate section. My suggestion above might not be a doable solution for you. It could however be useful when working with the QlikView /Qlik Sense script. 

harsh2
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi john,

So can we generate a sequence number within Qlik replicate?

If yes,then can you show us?

Thanks,

Harsh

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @harsh2 ,

Personally, I do not think it's a good approach to generate such a sequence number by Qlik Replicate. It's much better if we can do that in target DB, the advantages are: easier (need not complex expression in Replicate); faster (need not transfer these information via network); stronger (to avoid the duplicate number if any network error or other exceptions).

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!