Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III

I run task replicate IDM Db2 for iSeries Source to SQL Server Target error Journal

DuongNguyen_0-1696691742375.png

How to get  and config Journal Name and Journal Library in qlik replicate?

Can you give me a example?

6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Welcome to Qlik Community!

The specified journal library and/or journal name is incorrect, please work with your DBA to get the correct name.

In below sample, the journal QSQJRN exists in library APSUPDB, the journal file type is *JRN:

john_wang_0-1696728690853.png

in Replicate endpoint, the settings are:

john_wang_1-1696728793791.png

You may confirm if your journal name DBMJRN exists in library EAAJRN2 , and if the file type is *JRN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi John_wang.

I thank you for your help. I have 2 more problems, can you help me?

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1st problem. when I configure data with IBM DB2 for iSeries. After I selected the table, bouble clicked on the selected table to configure the transform column and got this error: SYS-E-HTTPFAIL: converter 28709 not found

DuongNguyen_0-1696730265245.png

Hope to receive help from you

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for the following up. Looks to me the original problem was solved, is that correct?

When it comes to error: converter 28709 not found

If I understood correctly, your DB400 database CCSID or table CCSID is 28709 which is Traditional Chinese. Could you please confirm if your data contains Chinese chars or any chars out of ASCII range?

If you have Chinese chars data then you can convert 28709 to 937, or you can use 37. For example:

john_wang_0-1696733251187.png

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@john_wang thank you so much. 

ODBC (IBM DB2 for iSeries Target) how to set CCSID

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for your update.

In this article we are focusing on "IBM DB2 for iSeries Source" issues. If the problems were resolved, please press "Accept as Solution" button to make it easier for others to find the answer quickly.

If you are facing other challenges, please open a dedicated article, we'd like to help further.

Regards,

John.

7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Welcome to Qlik Community!

The specified journal library and/or journal name is incorrect, please work with your DBA to get the correct name.

In below sample, the journal QSQJRN exists in library APSUPDB, the journal file type is *JRN:

john_wang_0-1696728690853.png

in Replicate endpoint, the settings are:

john_wang_1-1696728793791.png

You may confirm if your journal name DBMJRN exists in library EAAJRN2 , and if the file type is *JRN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi John_wang.

I thank you for your help. I have 2 more problems, can you help me?

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1st problem. when I configure data with IBM DB2 for iSeries. After I selected the table, bouble clicked on the selected table to configure the transform column and got this error: SYS-E-HTTPFAIL: converter 28709 not found

DuongNguyen_0-1696730265245.png

Hope to receive help from you

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for the following up. Looks to me the original problem was solved, is that correct?

When it comes to error: converter 28709 not found

If I understood correctly, your DB400 database CCSID or table CCSID is 28709 which is Traditional Chinese. Could you please confirm if your data contains Chinese chars or any chars out of ASCII range?

If you have Chinese chars data then you can convert 28709 to 937, or you can use 37. For example:

john_wang_0-1696733251187.png

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Regards,

John.

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@john_wang thank you so much. 

ODBC (IBM DB2 for iSeries Target) how to set CCSID

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for your update.

In this article we are focusing on "IBM DB2 for iSeries Source" issues. If the problems were resolved, please press "Accept as Solution" button to make it easier for others to find the answer quickly.

If you are facing other challenges, please open a dedicated article, we'd like to help further.

Regards,

John.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for your feedback. BTW, please set one or necessary comments (the best one is good enough) as solution next time. 

Good luck,

John.