UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is it proper to decrease attrep_status table update frequency?

Hi Support,

I have come across this article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-Process-to-change-the-frequen...

which shows that the update frequency can be increased. However I want to know:

Will decreasing it cause any problems?

What is the smallest feasible value I can decrease it to?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Labels (2)
3 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE ,

The attrep_status table contains the current status of each replication task and the target data. Specifically, the source current position and source tails. This table will be updated only after the batch (or transactional apply micro-batch) is applied to the target. Although updates for the tasks in the attrep_status table are generated every few seconds, Replicate will only apply the updates after it has applied changes to the target tables. 

The default value is maintained as one minute (60 Seconds), You try to set this value below by using the below link

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-Process-to-change-the-frequen...

However, This will not have any impact on the task, Ideally one minute is good for an attrep_status update.

Let us know in case if you need additional information on same.

Regards,

Sachin B

MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the answer. I have another question. 

Would latency delay the update of this table? say latency is over 3 minutes, that means update will also take a bit over 3 minutes?

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE ,

Thanks for the update, As I said earlier "This table will be updated only after the batch (or transactional apply micro-batch) is applied to the target" Yes latency of the task have an impact as you explained above.

Regards,

Sachin B

Regards,

Sachin B