Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a way to disable automatic restart?

Hi all,

I need a way to prevent the task from automatically restarting when it encounters an error.

I tested , I change "maximum retry count" to "0" and "1" but still a task is restarted .
So, do you know any way for prevent automatically restarting  ? 

If task did not restart automatically, I check and restart manually.

Regards,

KwangHo

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @khchoy , copy @OritA ,

I'm guessing you are seeking a parameter to prevent a task from automatically retrying after it terminates abnormally (i.e.crashes).

Currently there is no option available in the GUI to achieve this, the retry settings under "Error Handling" only control retry behaviour after the usual task terminations caused by recoverable errors, but if a task terminates abnormally it is always automatically restarted regardless of the settings in "Error Handling".

We suggest you export the task to JSON, add the setting "abnormal_count = 0" to the "error_behavior" .. "recoverable_error_behavior" section of the JSON and import it back. This succeeded in preventing automatic retries after a task terminates abnormally, but unfortunately it also prevented retries after the usual task terminations after recoverable errors, in other words, this setting prevents retries under all circumstances, normal or abnormal.

BTW, we strongly suggest to address why the task crash to prevent the behavior rather than a special setting as it need manual involvement still.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi KwangHo,

Under task setting --> 'error hadling'  you can change the default policy for task behaviour for several types of error and if needed, set the task to stop based on the error type.

For example if you set under: 
task setting --> error hadling --> Data errors --> For other data errors: to 'Stop task'
the taks will stop whenever it faces a data error. 
Please update us if it answers your question.

thanks & regards,

Orit

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @khchoy , copy @OritA ,

I'm guessing you are seeking a parameter to prevent a task from automatically retrying after it terminates abnormally (i.e.crashes).

Currently there is no option available in the GUI to achieve this, the retry settings under "Error Handling" only control retry behaviour after the usual task terminations caused by recoverable errors, but if a task terminates abnormally it is always automatically restarted regardless of the settings in "Error Handling".

We suggest you export the task to JSON, add the setting "abnormal_count = 0" to the "error_behavior" .. "recoverable_error_behavior" section of the JSON and import it back. This succeeded in preventing automatic retries after a task terminates abnormally, but unfortunately it also prevented retries after the usual task terminations after recoverable errors, in other words, this setting prevents retries under all circumstances, normal or abnormal.

BTW, we strongly suggest to address why the task crash to prevent the behavior rather than a special setting as it need manual involvement still.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @khchoy ,

We hope the above solutions helped you on the case, any feedback are welcome.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

Regards,

John.