Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prem_bolem
Contributor
Contributor

Log Code When a New Table Added to Existing Task

We are setting up an alert whenever a new table is added to the existing task . For this, we are trying to identify a code used in the log whenever a new table is added to the existing tables in a task. 

Qlik Replicate 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @prem_bolem 

If a table is added to the task and started, you will get something along these lines. This is with logging at info (default) level:

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Start loading table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. Start load timestamp 0005E702DFAA8B00

[SOURCE_UNLOAD ]I: Unload finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows sent. 

TARGET_LOAD ]I: Load finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows received. 0 rows skipped. Volume transferred 1256296.

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Loading finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. 2280 records transferred.

For a new table to be loaded in a task, the task will need to be stopped. You can set notifications to send you emails of when the task is stopped. This will contain some false alarms as the task can be stopped without tables being added to it, but you will have an idea of when you should check.

In addition, the log entries above also appear in log files for tasks that have full load enabled and are run for the first time, or reloaded, so you could end up with false positives if you rely only on the log entries.

I hope this helps!

Dana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

this would be a feature request:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @prem_bolem 

Please explain your use case. Are you using patterns to select the tables that will be included in the task, and when a new table is added on the source that matches the pattern, and it is added to the task, what log entry corresponds to that?

Thanks,

Dana

prem_bolem
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Dana_Baldwin ,

Thanks for your response.

The use case is , Eg: There are 100 tables at the source , out of which only 20 are being replicated through a logstreaming . 5 tables are replicating through a Consumer task A and another 5 through another consumer task B. Now my requirement is I want to set up an alert when someone adds 6th table into  consumer task A or B.

My ask is to find what kind of log code shows in the Logs when this 6th table is added to a consumer task.

Regards,

Prem

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @prem_bolem 

If a table is added to the task and started, you will get something along these lines. This is with logging at info (default) level:

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Start loading table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. Start load timestamp 0005E702DFAA8B00

[SOURCE_UNLOAD ]I: Unload finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows sent. 

TARGET_LOAD ]I: Load finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9). 2280 rows received. 0 rows skipped. Volume transferred 1256296.

[TASK_MANAGER ]I: Loading finished for table 'TEST'.'RAMEN' (Id = 9) by subtask 1. 2280 records transferred.

For a new table to be loaded in a task, the task will need to be stopped. You can set notifications to send you emails of when the task is stopped. This will contain some false alarms as the task can be stopped without tables being added to it, but you will have an idea of when you should check.

In addition, the log entries above also appear in log files for tasks that have full load enabled and are run for the first time, or reloaded, so you could end up with false positives if you rely only on the log entries.

I hope this helps!

Dana