Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrancoHR
Partner - Contributor III

LogStream Task Error - cdc_opensess

A client has an error when trying to full load a logstream task. As soon as the execution starts, it crashes.
Any idea why this is happening? Reviewing the logs, a cdc_opensess error is observed. I attach the logs.

Thanks,

Labels (3)
6 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrancoHR ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not sure if this endpoint ever works or not. From the task log file line #80 we noticed:

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]I: Error in 'cdc_opensess': API retval = -83721, CDC error = 'UNKNOWN'

The error code -83721 code -83721 meaning in IBM docs

CDC_E_ARG1 The first parameter passed to the function is not valid.

The first parameter in function cdc_opensess is "server name". In the task log file the connection string is "SERVER=alpha_vida". So let's focus on "alpha_vida" first:

1- is this a standalone server name, or part of an HDR cluster?

2- if it's defined by using program "setnet32"? 

3- how about if you try to access the function manually by SQL:

execute function informix.cdc_opensess("alpha_vida" , 0 , 0 , 256 , 1 , 1 );

BTW, I'd like to suggest you open support ticket because all attachments in community are public to all users, maybe there are some sensitive information in files. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
FrancoHR
Author

Hello @john_wang ,

1. Its standalone server name.

2. Yes, it is defined in setnet32.

3. I'm still waiting for this.

I checked the endpoints and I have a successful connection. Today I noticed that there are other tasks that work with that endpoint and have no problems. There are only a few tasks, which work with said endpoint, that are aware of the cdc_opensess error.

Regards,

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrancoHR ,

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted if you need any additional assistance.

Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
FrancoHR
Author

Hello @john_wang ,

The results is -83721

Trying the suggested query the same error was obtained(-83721).

Any idea what it could be? As I mentioned, there are 5 tasks that have this origin and there are 3 tasks that present this error and the others are working correctly.

Update: Could it be that there is a table without the active cdc mode? Do you know how to verify that all tables have cdc mode enabled in Informix 11.50?

Regards,

FrancoHR
Author

Hello @john_wang ,

We confirm that all the tables (Informix) have the cdc mode enabled.

Note that the affected logstream tasks have some tables in common.
What happens if I have the same table in two logstream tasks? I tried this scenario in a test environment with an Oracle source and I didn't get any errors (I didn't try with Informix because I don't have a test environment prepared with this database).

Currently the affected tasks are stopped but when I try to give it full load the cdc_opensess error still occurs.

Any advice?

Best regards,

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrancoHR ,

Thanks for update.

While we simulate Replicate to call the function by SQL
execute function informix.cdc_opensess("alpha_vida" , 0 , 0 , 256 , 1 , 1 );

we got:

The results is -83721

Trying the suggested query the same error was obtained(-83721).

looks like an environment issue as this code is out of Replicate. I'm not sure if all tasks run on the same Replicate Server or different ones. if different machines then please make sure Replicate services was restarted after "setnet32" changed any settings.

If all the tasks are running on the same Replicate server then we may trace the issue by comparison:

1- Export Task JSON file and compare the definition

2- Set the 2 tasks contains same table (eg 1 or 2 tables) to see how about

3- Replace the source endpoint between the 2 test tasks to cross-check what's the difference

Good luck,

John.