cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Postprocessing on Replicated File to SSMS Source

Hello,

We are a new user of Qlik Replicate and are prototyping loading a csv file to Sql Server Management Studio. After we load the file to a staging table we would like to call a custom stored procedure to help makes some modifications to the data that has been loaded. I see that there is an option in the Source Endpoint for file preprocessing, I am wondering if something similar exists for postprocessing so that we can call the stored procedure after a full load.

We additionally have Compose, but we do not need to model, warehouse, and mart this data as it is just a single table, and I did not see any options there to call custom etl scripts without pushing data through the whole process. 

Any suggestions to help handle this use case would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Prima,

what kind of modifications are you trying to do? Will using a table level or global transformation work?

Thanks,

Lyka

JitenderR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous  Replicate do not have post processing options like a typical ETL tool does. Main reason being the product architecture is around replication & hence you would expect the table being modified shouldn’t be updated by an external process, say SP in your case. Else you will see inconsistent behaviors. For instance if the SP deleted a record from the table & source sends an update, data will be out of sync from source. Finally, as it’s a continuous Replication process, the task typically runs 24 by 7 & hence no concept of post processing. Hope this helps, please let me know for additional questions.

Regards

JR