Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shnaqi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Replicate | Adding a custom Header in Kafka Message

I am using Kafka as Target and want to add a new custom Header in the Kafka message:

shnaqi_0-1716894038729.png

Can anyone please assist that how it can be achieved in Qlik Replicate.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @shnaqi ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

I'm assuming you want to add an additional calculated column to the Kafka message, we have a sample article: How to add tables name in Kafka message.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
shnaqi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@john_wang , Thanks for the response, I went through the shared article. Actually i am looking to add a custom header in the message instead of adding a column in the data("customerHeader": "customValue"). PFB example for reference:

{
"data": {
"CUSTOMERREF": "206.0000000000",
"DESCRIPTION": "TESTING",
"ACTION": "INSERT"
},
"beforeData": null,
"headers": {
"customerHeader": "customValue",
"operation": "INSERT",
"changeSequence": "20240528082007000000000000000000005",
"timestamp": "2024-05-28T08:20:05.000",
"streamPosition": "00000db9.3f2abeb7.00000001.0000.02.0000:4021.301196.16",
"transactionId": "00000000000000000000000000050023",
"changeMask": "1F",
"columnMask": "1F",
"transactionEventCounter": 1,
"transactionLastEvent": true
}
}

I hope this JSON example will clarify my need 🙂

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @shnaqi ,

Thanks for the update.

If I understand correctly, you hope the additional calculated column appears in the "headers" part rather than "data" part. is that correct?

If yes, then the pre-built headers (in your picture) can be appeared in "headers" part (see item 4 in article  How to add tables name in Kafka message). The other additional calculated column appears in "data" part (items 1 - 3 in the article).

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
shnaqi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So it clarifies my question that i can only use the prebuilt headers but Custom headers cant be added in the headers. Thanks for the clarification!

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @shnaqi ,

Exactly. Anyway I'm double-confirming with R&D to see if any workaround. Will keep you posted.

Regards,

John.