Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kohila
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Replicate : Replication from SAP Oracle DB, Few tables are errored out as unsupported advanced compression

Hi Team,

We are doing replication from source SAP Oracle source (application end point), few tables in the ls task are getting suspended with the below error 

Changes to table 'schema.tablename' cannot be captured as it is compressed using unsupported compression method ADVANCED.

We are using oracle version - Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production

Access redo log via - Replicate log reader.

I could see all the tables in source are compressed with "for advance" option.

our replicate version - 2021.11

Also I have gone through the replicate guide, I could see above Oracle 11 g, OLTP compression method is supported. Is OLTP and advanced row compression is different from other? Is advanced is supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Oracle/Supported_Compressi...

Some of our tables with Advanced compression capture the source changes. Could you please provide some input what would the cause of the issue here?

Thanks,

Labels (2)
2 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @Kohila ,

As per the UG we do support below compression method based on log miner or log reader, Hope you are using as Log reader.

Version Basic OLTP HCC (from Oracle 11g R2) Others

Oracle 11 or later - Replicate Log Reader

Yes

Yes

Yes

See Note below.

No

Oracle 11 or later - Oracle LogMiner

Yes

Yes

Yes

*Yes

OLTP compression and Advanced Row Compression are both row-level compression techniques, Advanced Compression is a more advanced form of compression that offers block-level compression and additional compression algorithms and techniques.

We would request you to set source_capture in verbose and provide us enhanced logs along with diagnostic package in order to trouble shoot the root cause of the issue, We would request you to create a support case so that we can guide you accordingly.

Thanks for understanding !!

Regards,

Sachin B

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Kohila 

To add to what @SachinB shared - I checked Oracle's documentation on the difference between OLTP and advanced compression and it is not clear - they seem to be synonymous after version 11g. If you open a support case for this, we can elevate to our internal support team for a definitive answer.

Thanks,

Dana