Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NithinPannala
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Replicate Upgrade Failed with "Bad machine-host pair "

Hi, 

When upgrading qlik replicate from 2022.11.0.394 to 2023.5.0.125 i have received the following error. 

[START: 2023-05-12 05:32:18 Qlik Replicate Version: 2023.5.0.125]
1 2023-05-12 05:32:25 [Command ] [INFO ] Executing ServiceRunCommand command.
4 2023-05-12 05:32:27 [Host ] [INFO ] Setting up web host
4 2023-05-12 05:32:28 [Host ] [ERROR] Bad machine-host pair
4 2023-05-12 05:32:28 [Host ] [INFO ] Stopping service on error...
6 2023-05-12 05:32:29 [Host ] [INFO ] Stopped web host
1 2023-05-12 05:32:29 [Command ] [INFO ] Replicate Control Program completed successfully.
[END: 2023-05-12 05:32:29]

Qlik Replicate 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @NithinPannala 

I agree with Dana to open a case to work with the support team. You can check your network configuration where the replicate installed and verify that the source or target database server is running and can be reached from the Qlik Replicate machine. Please include your network team while you are working with Qlik support team.

Thanks
Naren

View solution in original post

NithinPannala
Author

Finally got the solution after raising the case, thankyou @Steve_Nguyen 

the issue is with the '_' underscore in the client  access name  . If there is no underscore in your access name then check if there are any other invalid characters.

in my case, Client access name was changed to qlikLsnr(no '_' in the name ) from qlik_rep_lsnr  .

from the web underscore is not a valid host address.
https://www.digicert.com/kb/ssl-support/underscores-not-allowed-in-fqdns.htm

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @NithinPannala 

I did a search in our solution database but could not find this error. Since this is for the new release, and may require our internal support team to investigate, please open a support case. Please attach the repsrv.log file to the case. You can find it in the ..\data\logs directory on the server.

Thanks,

Dana

narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @NithinPannala 

I agree with Dana to open a case to work with the support team. You can check your network configuration where the replicate installed and verify that the source or target database server is running and can be reached from the Qlik Replicate machine. Please include your network team while you are working with Qlik support team.

Thanks
Naren

NithinPannala
Author

Thankyou @Dana_Baldwin  and @narendersarva . Will keep you posted with case raised with support.

Regards

Nithin Pannala

jszasz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Dana_Baldwin and @narendersarva ,

I also got the same error when upgrading to the same MAY2023 version. I submitted my own support case ticket to the support team for assistance.

Could you update this forum post with the solution to the support team case that @NithinPannala submitted?

Thanks,

Joe

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @jszasz , @NithinPannala 

I checked both cases. They are not yet confirmed as resolved, the investigation is ongoing.

Thanks,

Dana

NithinPannala
Author

Finally got the solution after raising the case, thankyou @Steve_Nguyen 

the issue is with the '_' underscore in the client  access name  . If there is no underscore in your access name then check if there are any other invalid characters.

in my case, Client access name was changed to qlikLsnr(no '_' in the name ) from qlik_rep_lsnr  .

from the web underscore is not a valid host address.
https://www.digicert.com/kb/ssl-support/underscores-not-allowed-in-fqdns.htm