Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leokwokbi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Replicate cannot connect another machine's database

Hello Qlik community,

I have tried to installed Qlik Replicate in VMware machine. It connect successfully with local machine's database. However, when I tried to connect another machine's database. Error happens. It is sure that the connectivities for different machines work well.

I have installed the suggested component in the oracle database. May I know how to fix it? Thanks

Regards,

Leo

Qlik Replicate

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Leo,

You need to make sure that you have the correct oracle driver version installed on the Replicate server.

you can refer to this link for the prereqs

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplicateHDD/Oracl...

hope this helps!

thanks
lyka

View solution in original post

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @leokwokbi ,

Not very sure what's the Oracle client you installed. However you may try to run SQLPLus on the Replicate server to troubleshoot. If SQLPlus works then Replicate will work as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Leo,

if you already have the driver installed, can you check if the environment path is defined correctly.

one way to test connection is to test using the odbc manager and not thru Replicate.

what type of error did you get?

what type of connection string do you use?

thanks
lyka

leokwokbi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Lyka,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The error shows as below:

SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Oracle', type 'Oracle'..
SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Oracle', type 'Oracle'.,Cannot load <oci.dll, >: The operation completed successfully. Cannot load <oci.dll>: The specified module could not be found.

Seems like some components are missing. That means I need to install Oracle Database Server in the same machine of Qlik Replicate, right? Even I connect another Linux's Oracle Database.

Regards,

Leo

lyka
Support
Support

Hi Leo,

You need to make sure that you have the correct oracle driver version installed on the Replicate server.

you can refer to this link for the prereqs

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplicateHDD/Oracl...

hope this helps!

thanks
lyka

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @leokwokbi ,

Not very sure what's the Oracle client you installed. However you may try to run SQLPLus on the Replicate server to troubleshoot. If SQLPlus works then Replicate will work as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
leokwokbi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help.