cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Replicate does not restart automatically after Server reboot

We have QLIK Replicate 11/2022 version installed on a RHEL 8 server.  If we have to restart the server, Replicate does not automatically restart  the Replicate services.  What are we missing in the startup files to have it automatically start up?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I took a slightly less invasive approach.  I created an areplicate.service file and then used that to load into systemctl and that has given me the ability to use systemd to start the service after a reboot.  Thanks for your suggestions as they lead me to the path I took.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I should add some more information.  I am trying to use SYSTEMCTL to run the areplicate start command.  It appears  missing a .service file  and a script file that are used to actually start the service.  Are those part of the install package or is that something I need to create manually.

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@Greg_Pagan the service is create automatic on install, so it seems the on the install when start service it fail and you did not notice.

try to uninstall.

turn off SElinux and try to install again,

it should create the service once installation is complete and it start the service.

notes to run install as root.

we have seen customer having SElinux enforced cause such issue.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is a secure message. Click here https://securemessagecenter.thehartford.com/formpostdir/securereader?id=fekXztQz8BcfVvHHE5qgvfLWxbu8... by 2023-04-26 14:59 EDT to read your message. After that, open the attachment. This message was generated by The Hartford's secure message center. Please contact the sender directly if you require support, or questions about this message
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@Greg_Pagan 

"This is a secure message. Click here https://securemessagecenter.thehartford.com/formpostdir/securereader?id=fekXztQz8BcfVvHHE5qgvfLWxbu8... by 2023-04-26 14:59 EDT to read your message. After that, open the attachment. This message was generated by The Hartford's secure message center. Please contact the sender directly if you require support, or questions about this message" ????

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry about the bad message.  Forgot that my company does that on outgoing email.

My question was about the uninstall.  I just wanted to confirm that you saying that the fix is to uninstall Replicate and then reinstall it after turning off SELinux, correct?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@Greg_Pagan 

1.uninstall replicate

2.try to turn off SElinux, temporary

3.install replicate, run as root ,, once install is complete, normally it will try to start the service, 

Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I took a slightly less invasive approach.  I created an areplicate.service file and then used that to load into systemctl and that has given me the ability to use systemd to start the service after a reboot.  Thanks for your suggestions as they lead me to the path I took.