Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satyender
Creator
Creator

Qlik Replicate jobs/tasks not replicating the Column definitions to the target

Greetings!

While replicating the Source tables to the target using Qlik Replicate the Table and Column definitions are not replicating to the target. Any suggestion please?

Thanks!

Satyender

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @satyender ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm afraid it's hard to tell this time as there are many definitions, not sure which one you are meaning to. Are you able to elaborate on your exact needs ? it's better a sample to help us to understand the request.

Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @satyender ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm afraid it's hard to tell this time as there are many definitions, not sure which one you are meaning to. Are you able to elaborate on your exact needs ? it's better a sample to help us to understand the request.

Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
satyender
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @john_wang for your response.

Sorry for my late response as I was busy with my trainings.

What I meant was if we select the tables to load from the Source to the Target, Qlik Replicate is only replicating the structures and not the Keys and not the Table and Column descriptions. 

Is there a way to get these replicated to the target?

Thanks!

Satyender

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @satyender 

Replicate should be assigning a PK/UI on target tables based on what is on the source. If you have multiple columns defined as the PK, Replicate will use the first column alphabetically. For mutiple column PK on the target, please create the target tables in advance (or modify them after Replicate creates them) and set the task to truncate the tables before performing the full load so the tables are not dropped & recreated.

I don't know of a way to get column description metadata to automatically be replicated when target tables are created - you would need to manually update the tables as noted above, or create them manually in advance.

Hope this helps!

Dana

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @satyender , 

Are you meaning the object descriptions (include table descriptions, view descriptions, columns descriptions, just like the 'comment' in Oracle for table/view/column?)

Agree with @Dana_Baldwin , in current Versions Replicate do not replicate objects descriptions/comments. As a heterogeneous database replication product, not all target side endpoints support object description so it's a hard choice for Replicate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.