Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rak
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Replicate task converting the datetime datatype to long

Trying to replicate the data from sql server to kafka (avro format) and noticed that datetime is converted to long. 

On the target end point (Kafka), I did select "Use logical data types for specific data types" under Avro Format settings in Message Properties. 

Can you let me know how to preserve the source data types while writing to kafka target? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shashi_holla
Support
Support

Yes, Table Settings -> Transform -> Change the data type to STRING from available options.

Just have to validate the DDL in target to check if the data type matches the transformation.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi,

Here is user guide which shows Data type conversion to Avro Primitive and Logical Data formats:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2020/Content/Replicate/Main/Kafka/kafka_data_types.htm

This should provide more information on internal transformations.

Thank you,

Rak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I see. Datetime from sql server is TIMESTAMP-MICROS Annotates an Avro LONG.

Can I force it to store it as String? How can I achieve this ?

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Yes, Table Settings -> Transform -> Change the data type to STRING from available options.

Just have to validate the DDL in target to check if the data type matches the transformation.

Thank you,