Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coronavirusisolation
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Replicate

A newbie question if I may, please let me know if this is inappropriate:

Does Qlik support reading data from an IMS database and then loading it to a relational format? If so does it have any capabilities to automate the conversion (not even sure this is a sensible proposition, but I am curious). I have a load of apps which have many different technologies, some of the older ones are IMS and they are always problematic for the Bsuiness to be able to mine the data so just interested what Qlik supports here.

Part 2 of my naïve question is does the tool replicate the whole database and them take deltas through the logs? Is there any excessive load on the machine to do the initial load.

Thanks for your patience 😉

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Yes Qlik replicate does support capturing changes from IMS source and loading it into relational targets like Oracle and SQL.

View solution in original post

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Replicate is end to end automated solution. Assuming you have all the components installed and configured, you just need to log in to Replicate console and follow the workflow captured in that admin guide.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Yes Qlik replicate does support capturing changes from IMS source and loading it into relational targets like Oracle and SQL.

coronavirusisolation
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Ola, is there any automation within the tool to derive / suggest the SQL target?

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Replicate is end to end automated solution. Assuming you have all the components installed and configured, you just need to log in to Replicate console and follow the workflow captured in that admin guide.

Kaushik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II