Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik replicate -UI server not working error code-SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,The requested security protocol is not supported.

Hi Team,

We are unable to access Qlik replicate UI and services are running good-the error code is "SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,The requested security protocol is not supported."

Thanks

Ramu

Labels (1)
17 Replies
Sweetie_A
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi John,

My .Net Framework version is 4.8 still I'm facing this problem, can u pls suggest. net.JPG

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Sweetie_A ,

Most of the cause is .Net Framework missing or version too low. Not sure if this is fresh installation/upgrading? if yes please try to restart Replicate Services, or reboot the whole Replicate Server.

Let us know if it works.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Sweetie_A
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi John,

Sorry for delay in revert, but that server reboot worked for me. 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Sweetie_A ,

Thank you so much for sharing! 

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI John,

recently upgraded windows and after that Qlik url is not opening and I did ComposeCtl.exe certificate clean after this url is opeing and tasks are showing and getting this error! could you please help in this?

Note:- There is .net frame work 4.8.

Thanks

Ramu

ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi John,

recently upgraded windows and after that Qlik url is not opening and I did ComposeCtl.exe certificate clean after this url is opeing and tasks are showing and getting this error! could you please help in this?

Note:- There is .net frame work 4.8.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ramu123 ,

We experienced that the windows upgrade reverted the .net framework back to 4.7 which was below our software prerequisites. Are you able to confirm the .NET Framework version? 

thanks,

John.

deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @ramu123 ,

Welcome and Thank you for reaching out to us on Qlik Community.

The error code “SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,The requested security protocol is not supported” you’re encountering with Qlik Replicate UI is generally caused by a missing or lower version of .NET Framework. Qlik Replicate requires .NET Framework 4.8 or later.

You can check your .NET Framework version by running the following DOS command:

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\NET Framework Setup\\NDP\\v4\\full" /v version

The typical result should be something like:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\NET Framework Setup\\NDP\\v4\\full
version REG_SZ 4.8.09037

If your .NET Framework version is lower than 4.8, you should update it. All versions of .NET Framework can be found at dotnet.microsoft.com

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other queries.

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". 
This will assist other users in easily finding the answer. ‌

Best Regards,
Deepak Ahirwar