Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
everinorlandi
Contributor
Contributor

REST API - ImportTask: Body JSON specification

Dear all,

I'm new to Qlik Replicate and Enterpise Manager and with my collegues I should import a replicate task using REST API exposed by Qlik Enterprise Manager.

I read the API documentation "Enterprise Manager API Guide - Qlik Enterprise Manager TM May 2024" but i did'n find technical information about the replication task "cmd.replication_definition".

I know that I can export an existing task, and than edit it to my specification, but there is a more technical/analitical documentation that describes the meaning of every field composing the JSON?

Thank you in advance,

best regards, Everin

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi @everinorlandi 

For how to import task in with QEM REST API, please see ImportTask

We don't have a public available technical document describing the meaning of the fields in JSON, as the fields have quite straight forward names. You can just compare them to your task settings and endpoint settings in GUI.

Below is the typical structure of task json:

"name": "task_name",
"cmd.replication_definition": {

"tasks": [{                                   -- task details including source, target, full load, change_table etc.

"databases": [{                           -- details of your source endpoint and target endpoint

"replication_environment": {      -- server settings including mail setting, log file roll over, etc.

"notifications": {                         -- Server Setting > Notifications

"error_behavior": {                    -- task setting > Error Handling

"scheduler": {                            -- server setting > Scheduler

"disk_utilization_configuration": {                -- server setting > Resource Control > disk space

"memory_utilization_configuration": {         -- server setting > Resource Control > system memory

"endpoint_servers": [{                                  -- server setting > Endpoints

"_version": {                                  -- version details of your current Replicate

Hope this helps

Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi @everinorlandi 

For how to import task in with QEM REST API, please see ImportTask

We don't have a public available technical document describing the meaning of the fields in JSON, as the fields have quite straight forward names. You can just compare them to your task settings and endpoint settings in GUI.

Below is the typical structure of task json:

"name": "task_name",
"cmd.replication_definition": {

"tasks": [{                                   -- task details including source, target, full load, change_table etc.

"databases": [{                           -- details of your source endpoint and target endpoint

"replication_environment": {      -- server settings including mail setting, log file roll over, etc.

"notifications": {                         -- Server Setting > Notifications

"error_behavior": {                    -- task setting > Error Handling

"scheduler": {                            -- server setting > Scheduler

"disk_utilization_configuration": {                -- server setting > Resource Control > disk space

"memory_utilization_configuration": {         -- server setting > Resource Control > system memory

"endpoint_servers": [{                                  -- server setting > Endpoints

"_version": {                                  -- version details of your current Replicate

Hope this helps

Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***
everinorlandi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the detailed answer it will be very helpfull for us.

Bye, Everin