cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reading/Writing from Log Stream end point

Morning, am trying to set up a below test case. Did anyone come across a use case I described below?

QLIK Replicate Server 1

1. Read from Oracle databases 

2. Write to Log Stream Target End Point

QLIK Replicate Server 2 (Remote on a different network)

1. Read from QLIK Replicate Server 1 Log Streams

2. Write changes from Log Streams to Target Oracle end point

Thank You

Deepti Mathew

5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

If you want to push the data to an endpoint that is not in your LAN, use the File Transfer Service to send the files created in the local task to the remote location.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/S...

Remote task #Remote task | Qlik Replicate Help

Thanks,

Dana

View solution in original post

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew,

Yes if you use the default port for FTS then you are correct, the port 9090 should be open from the Local Qlik server.

Thanks,

Swathi

Thanks,

Swathi

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

Yes, by default port 9090 is used and has to be open on both Replicate servers.

Thanks,

Dana

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@deeptimathew 

if i read this correctly.

server 1:

Oracle -> Filechannel target on Server 2

server 2

Filechannel source (filechannel target from server1) to oracle

but you setup as logstream task,

====

notes logstream can not use file channel limitation :

• File Channel cannot be used as a source for a Log Stream Staging task.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/Log%20Stream%20Staging/ls3...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@deeptimathew :

Follow up question on File Channel, is it possible to read from File Channel source end point and write to a File Channel target end point? Is it a valid use case with Qlik Replicate?

ans : no

that is where File Channel read once from DB source  and write to many FC .

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

17 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

When using Log Stream, both the staging/parent task and the replication/child task must reside on the same Qlik Replicate server. This is because you need to define the staging task in the source endpoint of the replication task.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/Log%20Stream%20Staging/ls4...

If a second Qlik Replicate server needs to be used, the feature you would use is File Channel. More information can be found here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/File%20Channel/file_channe...

Thanks,

Dana

deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Dana - Thank you for your response.

Thank You

Deepti

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

If you don't have any further questions, please mark my response as a solution.

Thanks!

Dana

deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Dana - Just to confirm the second Qlik Replicate server can be on a completely different network correct? The reason am asking is the client is external and wont be on the same network as the first Qlik Replicate server.

Thank You

Deepti

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

If you want to push the data to an endpoint that is not in your LAN, use the File Transfer Service to send the files created in the local task to the remote location.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/S...

Remote task #Remote task | Qlik Replicate Help

Thanks,

Dana

deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Dana - Once FTS is set up on the Remote Qlik server, port 9090 should be open from the Local Qlik server to be able to communicate to the File Transfer Service set up on the Remote Qlik server as well. Is my understanding correct?

Thank You

Deepti

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew,

Yes if you use the default port for FTS then you are correct, the port 9090 should be open from the Local Qlik server.

Thanks,

Swathi

Thanks,

Swathi

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

Yes, by default port 9090 is used and has to be open on both Replicate servers.

Thanks,

Dana

deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Dana - Morning, I was able to enable the FTS service and set up a task on Qlik Replicate 1 to write files to Qlik Replicate 2 using File Channel target end point. I see files generating on Qlik Replicate 2 as well. I setup a task on Qlik Replicate 2 to read the files and apply changes in an Oracle target end point. Here is where I see issues, I don't see the task picking up the generated files on Qlik Replicate 2. The task doesn't fail or give errors, it keeps looking for FC files on Qlik Replicate 2. Anything I might be missing? Any pointers to what I can look for?

Thank You

Deepti