Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikhilraorane
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Replicate data to azure Synapse

Getting below error after I run my task to replicate data from MSSQL db to Azure synapse analytics.

Failed to check if credential 'ATTREP_CN_G2_LandingDB_a64ccacb_b768_f449_b56c_40a50a2a2cbc' exists
Failed to drop external data source: 'ATTREP_DS_G2_LandingDB_a64ccacb_b768_f449_b56c_40a50a2a2cbc'
Failed to create and execute: 'DROP EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE [ATTREP_DS_G2_LandingDB_a64ccacb_b768_f449_b56c_40a50a2a2cbc];'
RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 42000 NativeError: 15151 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot drop the object 'ATTREP_DS_G2_LandingDB_a64ccacb_b768_f449_b56c_40a50a2a2cbc', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Line: 1 Column: -1
Failed (retcode -1) to execute statement: 'DROP EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE [ATTREP_DS_G2_LandingDB_a64ccacb_b768_f449_b56c_40a50a2a2cbc];'
Labels (1)
5 Replies
lpmarino
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the same issue. I have an open case with Qlik on it. I am also going from MSSQL to Azure Synapse. If you get an answer, please let me know as mine has been ongoing. 

vtatarnikov
Creator
Creator

@nikhilraorane , @lpmarino  

Hey! I have exactly the same problem. Have you solved the problem?

nikhilraorane
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No Luck yet... I need to check as I am in middle of something else...

will surely update if I find any solution.

vtatarnikov
Creator
Creator

The error is gone. We have moved from a serverless SQL to a dedicated SQL. I'm not sure, but maybe it helped.

lpmarino
Contributor III
Contributor III

Glad you were able to resolve. We gave up testing it with Attunity. Their last post about it refers to increasing the data warehouse units . We were only experiencing it occasionally in production, but all the time in UAT, we also scale up Azure at midnight which does cause loss of connectivity - Replicate should rebound though. Here is the reference they put in my case 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/synapse-analytics/sql-data-warehouse/what-is-a-data-warehouse...