cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kritostar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Replication of large field gets replicated in consecutive rows

Hello, so I have a replication that is kind of propagating a large field content from a row to the consecutive ones, and we don't knwo why. It i hapenning in more than one table

Any ideas?

Source:

Screenshot 2023-05-12 161425.png

Destination:

Screenshot 2023-05-12 161324.png

Source:

SourceSource

Destination:

DestinationDestination

Labels (2)
18 Replies
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @kritostar 

Please check the target db large field data type is matching with the source db large field data type.

What is your replicate version?

Thanks
Naren

kritostar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @narendersarva 

On both DBs the field is text Charset latin1

The version is 2022.11.0.208

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kritostar 

What is the source and target endpoints of the task?

Assuming the target is a file, or at least uploads a file as an interim step - how is the field delimiter and record delimiter set?

Thanks,

Dana

kritostar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The source and target are tables on the DB, not a file. 

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kritostar 

What databases are you using for the source and target endpoints?

Thanks,

Dana

kritostar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Both are MySQL databases. I think it has something to do with the delimiters, can it be? I have . - ( ) on those fields

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kritostar 

By default, Replicate will use CSV files to move data into a MySQL target database during the full load phase of the task. Do these fields contain any single quotes, double quotes, commas or "new line" characters?

'

"

\n

I'm not sure at the moment how to redefine the delimiters if needed - but one way that might work around this issue is to disable the "load using CSV" option. The full load might run slower as a result.

To try this, go to your target endpoint, advanced tab, and click Internal Parameters. Enter an exclamation point and hit enter on your keyboard to show a listing. Scroll down to loadUsingCSV and hit enter on your keyboard to add it to the list of parameters. Uncheck the box in the value column. Click OK to close the window, then click save on the endpoint.

FYI, changes to endpoint settings do not take effect until the tasks that use them are stopped and resumed, as the settings are only read during task startup. Probably not relevant in this situation, but wanted you to know.

Thanks,

Dana

kritostar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, I'll try this and come back. Thanks

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kritostar 

You can also replace or delete/remove the new line characters in task settings, Character Substitution. For the source character, enter an A. To delete it, use 0 as the substitute character (or choose a unicode value of your preference).

This might perform better than disabling the CSV load.

Thanks,

Dana