Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naga_vivek
Contributor III
Contributor III

Resolving Configuration File Conflicts in windows

Hi Team,

I am going through this documentation for Windows Qlik replicate upgrade.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Replicate/Main/Installation/windows_setup.htm

In here we don't have anything related to resolving configuration file conflicts  but for Linux upgrade I am able to see in the below URL.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Replicate/Main/Installation/Upgrading.htm#Upgr...

So are there no steps involved for resolving conflicts in windows.

Does areplicate or the ./instancename start concept applicable in windows too.

Please let me know the process if any in windows, for resolving configuration file conflicts if occurs.

Thanks 

Vivek

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @Naga_vivek 

For a Windows environment, you want to check the 'Services' app and look for the following two services

'Qlik Replicate Server'

'Qlik Replicate UI Server'

Both services should be turned on. If you continue to experience start problems, please open a case for further investigation and assistance.

The following logs should be uploaded. They can be found in the Replicate data directory under logs.

Repsrv.log

Repuictl.log

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Naga_vivek
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Alan_Wang ,

Thanks for the reply.

So is there a chance to get Configuration File Conflicts in repctl.cfg file for windows while upgrade.

If there is a possibility what could be the steps do we need to execute to resolve the conflicts. And what could be the instance name in windows that we need to use if we need to use the same steps as linux.

Could you please let me know the steps if there is any. 

Thanks,

Vivek

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

To add more to previous comments of TSE's. Having multiple instances on window or Linux is mostly governed by the OS . Seems QR does not Support muti instance on window and consider only in installation per node. here there no functionality of conflict on window.

however, Linux do support QR multi-instance setup. follow the link for more info.

Replicate instances and services on Linux | Qlik Replicate Help

Reagrds,

Sushil Kumar