UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judian_lin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How can we verify FL and CDC when target is Confluent Kafka on GCP?

Hi All,

We want to replicate from RDBMS to  Confluent Kafka on GCP, but don't know how to verify FL and CDC.

Does anyone have an idea about it?

Qlik Replicate 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @judian_lin ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

I'm assuming you want to find a way to compare the data for example rows number etc between the source RDBMS and Kafka target after task run. looks to me we may bread the process to 2 stage:

1- Full Load stage

2- CDC stage

You may set the task (if the task set to Full Load and CDC) to Stop after the Full Load done:

john_wang_0-1704795555111.png

then compare the 2 sides (rows operation = REFRESH). after the comparison done, RESUME the task and compare the CDC stage rows (rows with operation is equal to INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). Please check the operation values in User Guide:

REFRESH – Insertion of a record to the target during Full Load

INSERT – Insertion of new target record

UPDATE – Update of an existing target record

DELETE – Deletion of a target record

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @judian_lin ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

I'm assuming you want to find a way to compare the data for example rows number etc between the source RDBMS and Kafka target after task run. looks to me we may bread the process to 2 stage:

1- Full Load stage

2- CDC stage

You may set the task (if the task set to Full Load and CDC) to Stop after the Full Load done:

john_wang_0-1704795555111.png

then compare the 2 sides (rows operation = REFRESH). after the comparison done, RESUME the task and compare the CDC stage rows (rows with operation is equal to INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). Please check the operation values in User Guide:

REFRESH – Insertion of a record to the target during Full Load

INSERT – Insertion of new target record

UPDATE – Update of an existing target record

DELETE – Deletion of a target record

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!