Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benyang
Contributor
Contributor

SSL Connection to DB2 Z/OS

Hi all,

I have Qlik Replicate setup on a Windows VM, and in my setup I am trying to set DB2 Z/OS as my source endpoint and I need to enable SSL due to security reasons.

I installed the IBM Data Server Client 11.5.8 (v11.5.8_ntx64_client.exe) and imported the DB2 cert that was used for SSL connection for all applications and VMs in the environment, I also enable the UseSSL via the Internal Parameter as seen below:

benyang_0-1690456471431.png

But when I run the Test Connection to the source endpoint, I receive this error:

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "SSL". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "SOCKETS". Communication function detecting the error: "sqlccSSLSocketSetup". Protocol specific error code(s): "414", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

On DB2 side, the error I got was:
SOCKET=RECV RETURN CODE=1121 REASON CODE=77A9733D

JrTlsHandshakeFailed
AT-TLS was unable to successfully negotiate a secure TCP connection with the remote end.

Does anyone know about this?

How do I know that Qlik Replicate is using the correct certificate to connect to my DB2?
Because I have a self-signed cert  for accessing the Qlik Replicate UI Console via web browser and a DB2 cert that is for the SSL connection.

Are there anything that I have missed during this configuration?

12 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @benyang 

In ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) you can define a path to create a log and trace the activity on the Tracing tab. Maybe that will capture some helpful information to pursue.

Thanks,

Dana

benyang
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi All,

Just an update, I managed to connect successfully from Qlik to the DB2 server 😀

benyang_0-1690859745397.png

benyang_1-1690859749784.png

However when I try to click on Table Selection in a new task, I received the above error.
From what I understand, SYSIBM.SQLTABLES does not exist in the DB2 environment at all.

And the ID that's connecting to DB2 has the permissions granted below:

benyang_3-1690859984332.png

Does anyone know what is the cause for this?

Regards,
Benjamin

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @benyang ,

Great news! Thank you so much for your support.

Regarding the error please check article SqlState: 42501 NativeError: -551 Message: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0551N

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!