UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set rentention period 3 days and stopped qlik 3 days ! will resume work ? or advanced resume with time frame will work?

Hi Team,'

In qlik replicate retention period is 3 days and I have stopped all the tasks with logstream 3 days so If I resume the tasks, after 3 days ! will it work? or Can I go for advanced resume with date and time frame option? or is full load required?

Note:CDC tables rention period is 5 days!

Please suggest me to prevent data loss!!

Thanks

Ramu

Labels (2)
6 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @ramu123 

If you've set retention period for 3 days in Log stream task and you've stopped the task for more than 3 days, then you need to do FULL LOAD on Log stream task as well on Child Task(s).

In Future try to increase retention period according to your requirements.

Regards,

Suresh

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 ,

LogStream files should be still there after you stopped the task. Therefore, prior to resume the task, increase the retention time to, for instance. 5 days. The task should resume from the last saved position and your LogStream files would be preserved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you suresh,

and recently upgraded windows and after that Qlik url is not opening and I did ComposeCtl.exe certificate clean after this url is opeing and tasks are showing and getting this error! could you please help in this?

Note:- There is .net frame work 4.8

Could you please help on this? Last time you gave the solution(case ref:-00130766)

Thanks

Ramu.

ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks ,

If suppose taks are stopped state and rentention perion is over , in this case can I go for advanced resume option with date and time(CDC retention is period is 10 days). Will it work?

Exaple: logstream retention is 3 days(jan 1st 10  am to jan 3rd 10 am) and its over here cdc renteion id 10 days ! here Can I go for advanced resume option with date and time is jan 3rd 11 AM? will work ? will this pick from cdc tables?

Could you please help me in this scenario!

Thanks

Ramu

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 ,

As long as your transaction logs are still on the DB server, Replicate can resume from earlier timestamp. However, please note that some source endpoints do not support "Start Process Changes from Timestamp" run option, for instance, PostgreSQL. Please check our user guide for details.

About your example, today is 7th Feb. You only keep transaction log for 10 days. So, you can't resume from 3rd Jan 11:00.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar