Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caifeng123
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Support DB2 DPF (Clustered database) as source

Hi, I am trying to work with DB2 DPF as a source. This is from the Qlik doc:

Qlik: Clustered database is not supported
Users can define a separate IBM DB2 for LUW database for each of the endpoints in the cluster.

For DB2 DPF, there are 2 options:
1. Each endpoint runs on its own server (hostname is different), which makes separate endpoint easy

2. Endpoints(instance) run on the same server.

Let us say the server has 4 instances running, each instance has a different node number.

In JDBC connection, CONNECTNODE determines which instance to connect

-) My driver is com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver;
-) My Url is "jdbc:db2://<hostname>:<port>/<dbname>"
-) Connect method is "con = DriverManager.getConnection( url, props )" where props is
props.setProperty("user", "MY_USR");
props.setProperty("password", "MY_PWD");
props.setProperty("CONNECTNODE", "0");

How do I set CONNECTNODE for db2 luw endpoint?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hi,

Thank you for the post to the QDI Forums. For the CONNECTNODE for the DB2 LUW DB to connect to is outside the support of the DB2 LUW Endpoint as we connect to a single instance of DB2 LUW as you define in the Endpoint with Replicate. In order to connect to a partitioned node, you would need to add the following internal parameter on the DB2 LUW endpoint "connectNode". Once you add this internal parameter, you can then amend the value to reflect the node number (PFA example). This will allow you to access all DB2 LUW instances on this Partitioned environment. I do hope this helps and confirms this post. 

Example of the Internal Parameter as its default is -1 which means its not set and you would have to set for each Partition of the DB2 LUW Instance:

Bill_Steinagle_0-1667576058797.png

Regards,

Bill

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hi,

Thank you for the post to the QDI Forums. For the CONNECTNODE for the DB2 LUW DB to connect to is outside the support of the DB2 LUW Endpoint as we connect to a single instance of DB2 LUW as you define in the Endpoint with Replicate. In order to connect to a partitioned node, you would need to add the following internal parameter on the DB2 LUW endpoint "connectNode". Once you add this internal parameter, you can then amend the value to reflect the node number (PFA example). This will allow you to access all DB2 LUW instances on this Partitioned environment. I do hope this helps and confirms this post. 

Example of the Internal Parameter as its default is -1 which means its not set and you would have to set for each Partition of the DB2 LUW Instance:

Bill_Steinagle_0-1667576058797.png

Regards,

Bill