Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jolley
Contributor II
Contributor II

Task Failures

Hi All!

Does anyone get these errors from time to time in QLIK Replicate? I've checked all servers invovlved in the QLIK processing and i don't see any trouble. No Network Packet loss, no SQL error messages, App server looks fine other than the .EXE for the task crashes so i see a temporary return of available RAM.

Any help\thoughts are greatly appreciated. Not urgent. The task restarts and processes all data successfully on its own.

00008876: 2022-08-04T12:11:15 [SOURCE_CAPTURE  ]E:  mssql_execute_log_lsn_peeper(...) failed upon SQLExecute with LSN parameters '0x00004938:0004f080:000f','0x00004938:0004f080:000f' [1020102]  (sqlserver_log_queries.c:816)

00008876: 2022-08-04T12:11:15 [SOURCE_CAPTURE  ]E:  Encountered an unexpeceted error. Aborting... [1020102]  (sqlserver_endpoint_capture.c:777)

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @Jolley ,

The error you encountered appears when Replicate doesn’t find the LSN on TLOG/backup log.

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @Jolley 

The error is because the task was reading the data from the mentioned LSN and before it could complete, the LSN was moved. If we were reading from online logs and it got moved to Backup then in the next iteration it will read it from backup (if we have select Prefer Online Logs) as per the endpoint settings. Since we are not missing any data I think that's the setting and we should be good.

Thank you,

Jolley
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Shashi!

Thank you very much! Just checked and T-LOG backups were running at this time. Thank you very much for your quick input and shedding light on this issue for us! Have a great day!

Bryan

5 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @Jolley ,

The error you encountered appears when Replicate doesn’t find the LSN on TLOG/backup log.

Thanks,

Swathi

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @Jolley 

The error is because the task was reading the data from the mentioned LSN and before it could complete, the LSN was moved. If we were reading from online logs and it got moved to Backup then in the next iteration it will read it from backup (if we have select Prefer Online Logs) as per the endpoint settings. Since we are not missing any data I think that's the setting and we should be good.

Thank you,

Jolley
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Shashi!

Thank you very much! Just checked and T-LOG backups were running at this time. Thank you very much for your quick input and shedding light on this issue for us! Have a great day!

Bryan

Jolley
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Swathi!

Thank you very much for the quick response! T-LOG backups were running at the same time! I'm assuming this was the cause and aver the task crashed it recovered and pulled the info from backup. Thanks again and have a great evening! Bryan

lyka
Support
Support

Hello,

To add on, this message means that it encountered a missing LSN - either it was purged or removed before Replicate was able to read it

We usually see this occur when the endpoint is using "Online logs only" 

If that is the case,  you need to use "Exclusively use sp_repldone within a single task" but that also means that you can only have 1 task running against that database and 1 running task.

Thanks

Lyka