Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guilherme-matte
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The value from table was truncated to length 8192 (Oracle Source)

Hello Team

I'm Replicating and Oracle Source to SQL Server on Azure endpoint.

In one of the tables I'm receiving a warning message that the value of the column was truncated to length 8192.

Is there any internal parameters that i can use to overcome this issue?

Cheers!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

We would like to have more information about the Error. Does this table hold lob and you may have a lob larger than 8kb then it will be truncated that is why you are seeing the truncation message. 

We would like to have task DP and relative log to identify the Size of columns/Lobs to understand more about the error you encounter. 

Hence Request you to raise Support case and upload the diagnostic package/log/DDL, and attached the relevant info/files to the case.

Please refer to Replicate https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-collect-Diagnostics-Package-from-Qlik-Replicate/ta-p/...

Thank you for the continued support as we work through this new case.

Regards,
Sushil Kumar

View solution in original post

guilherme-matte
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey guys!

I've increased the lob size in the replication task and now I'm not receiving this error anymore. I had some LOB issues before, but the error message was different, so I thought here would be a different case as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

We would like to have more information about the Error. Does this table hold lob and you may have a lob larger than 8kb then it will be truncated that is why you are seeing the truncation message. 

We would like to have task DP and relative log to identify the Size of columns/Lobs to understand more about the error you encounter. 

Hence Request you to raise Support case and upload the diagnostic package/log/DDL, and attached the relevant info/files to the case.

Please refer to Replicate https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-collect-Diagnostics-Package-from-Qlik-Replicate/ta-p/...

Thank you for the continued support as we work through this new case.

Regards,
Sushil Kumar

Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi guilherme-matte,

Please check your task log and find if there is a TARGET_APPLY message like "Cannot create a row of size XXXX which is greater than the allowable maximum row size of 8060".

It looks like the row size limit for Azure SQL is 8060 bytes:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/maximum-capacity-specifications-for-sql-server?view...

Thanks
Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***
guilherme-matte
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey guys!

I've increased the lob size in the replication task and now I'm not receiving this error anymore. I had some LOB issues before, but the error message was different, so I thought here would be a different case as well.

Cheers!

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

It good to hear that your issue is resolved. if we know which endpoint are involved will help you to identify the MAX  length . 

As our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Thanks!

Sushil Kumar