Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Timeout on Replicate accessing Db2 for z/Os Endpoint

Hi All

I encountered this error on a QLIK CDC task LogStream Reades form Db2 for Z/os

03709319: 2024-05-08T07:36:31 [ASSERTION       ]W:  Log record decompression problem for table 'CCCHP1CO.EVENT': return code = 8, reason code = 00C90063, diagnostic code = 00C9008E, position=00DF0FAEAFE6F19C6200, retry up to 300 seconds

db2z_ifi_parser.c:1565)

03709319: 2024-05-08T07:42:55 [ASSERTION       ]W:  Retry decompression failed for table 'CCCHP1CO.EVENT'. Table will be suspended.  (db2z_ifi_parser.c:1589)

03709319: 2024-05-08T07:42:55 [ASSERTION       ]W:  Send the table error notification for 'CCCHP1CO.EVENT' (Log record decompression failed)  (db2z_endpoint_capture.c:791)

03709051: 2024-05-08T07:42:55 [TASK_MANAGER    ]W:  Table 'CCCHP1CO'.'EVENT' (subtask 0 thread 0) is suspended.   (replicationtask.c:3150)

---

diagnostic code = 00C9008E indicated a TIMEOUT event received by Qlik replicate (it was confirmed by db2 adderss space messages)

his situation when a heavy DDL ALTER was performed on undetlying tables on DB2 (that table is compressed) and was delayed due to  : however after 600 seconds DDL ALTER finished successfully

I like to know if it is possible to increase this retry time and/or to execute this retry for multiple time avoiding table suspension

Let me know

Regards

A.Ferrario

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @feal 

Replicate encountered a compressed record when reading cdc event for a specific table.
Replicate tries to decompress the record, for that it needs the decompression dictionary (provided by DB2)
The decompression dictionary was locked by another resource, and Replicate was unable to read it, Replicate tried to read again and again, for a specific amount of times, the gave up.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reason code 00C90063 - fail to decompress
https://www.ibm.com/docs/tr/db2-for-zos/11?topic=codes-00c90063

Diagnostic code 00C9008E - resource is locked
https://www.ibm.com/docs/tr/db2-for-zos/11?topic=codes-00c9008e

I would suggest reloading a particular table.

Regards,

Suresh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @feal 

Replicate encountered a compressed record when reading cdc event for a specific table.
Replicate tries to decompress the record, for that it needs the decompression dictionary (provided by DB2)
The decompression dictionary was locked by another resource, and Replicate was unable to read it, Replicate tried to read again and again, for a specific amount of times, the gave up.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reason code 00C90063 - fail to decompress
https://www.ibm.com/docs/tr/db2-for-zos/11?topic=codes-00c90063

Diagnostic code 00C9008E - resource is locked
https://www.ibm.com/docs/tr/db2-for-zos/11?topic=codes-00c9008e

I would suggest reloading a particular table.

Regards,

Suresh

feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Suresh

we know this situation . my question is if is it possible to configure retry  Qlik replicate reading behaviour (retry time threshold) or not.

let me know 

AF

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @feal 

You've opened a support ticket for the same issue in the past

Below is the summary

----------

DB2 was not able to decompress a log record with repeated retries for 5 minutes, and this is the reason for the table suspention.

There is no option to increase the retry duration.

---------------

Regards,

Suresh

feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok Sorry i forgot it.

Thanks 

Best ragards

AF

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @feal 

These error indicates that some misconfiguration as the Source DB end . You may look or tweak some DB parameter so that you may increase time to wait or concurrent process read faster.

it may require Source Database administration expertise

Regards,

Sushil Kumart

feal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hello

just a confirmation I see in the error  is raised after 300 seconds

03709319: 2024-05-08T07:36:31 [ASSERTION       ]W:  Log record decompression problem for table 'CCCHP1CO.EVENT': return code = 8, reason code = 00C90063, diagnostic code = 00C9008E, position=00DF0FAEAFE6F19C6200, retry up to 300 seconds

but in R4Z Attunity configuration file  i noticed the screen before (see attachedf png file)

-SESSIONTIMEOUTSECS=900 (dash - on column 1)

so i expected that the timeout will be the default 900 seconds, not 300 seconds as stated in the message : 300 is the low  value configurable by the user.

Can you tell me if i'm wrong  and where?

Let me know

Regards

AF