Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonB2020
Creator
Creator

Trigger an external command once a Task has completed.

I am looking to trigger onward processes once a Full Load task has completed.
I found the mentioned link below back from 2021 - so just interested if functionality had changed since then, or indeed if anything is on the road map.

Thanks

Solved: Trigger a windows task once a Replicate task has c... - Qlik Community - 1804916

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

I think the same suggestions from that post you found still stands today.

The best choice here is the QEM API, create a script that calls the getTaskDetails endpoint every set amount of time.

if the property 'full_load_completed' is true in the endpoints response, you can call one of the other API endpoints according to your needs.

If you don't want to deal with this on the coding level, you could also leverage the 'Qlik Enterprise Manager' connector in Qlik Cloud Application which is one of the modules in Qlik Cloud that helps you build automations via API blocks (hiding the code part behind them).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Simon,

I think the same suggestions from that post you found still stands today.

The best choice here is the QEM API, create a script that calls the getTaskDetails endpoint every set amount of time.

if the property 'full_load_completed' is true in the endpoints response, you can call one of the other API endpoints according to your needs.

If you don't want to deal with this on the coding level, you could also leverage the 'Qlik Enterprise Manager' connector in Qlik Cloud Application which is one of the modules in Qlik Cloud that helps you build automations via API blocks (hiding the code part behind them).

PGN
Creator II
Creator II

The previous post lists triggering an email.  You can also trigger an entry into the server's Windows Event Log.  From there you can execute any number of tasks based on the On-event trigger.  We use this method to raise Service Now tickets for task/system failures.