Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HASK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Unable to publish message to Kafka

I am testing a task to load data from Mysql and publish it to Kafka. Both end points connection is successfully tested. While trying to publish to Kafka I am getting message timed out error. I  have done the prerequisites as well:

Prerequisites

Before you can use Kafka as a target endpoint in a Replicate task, the following prerequisites must be met:

• Open TCP ports to all the brokers from the Replicate Server machine

• Set permissions that will allow Qlik Replicate to write to the target topics. One way to do this is to use the Kafka ACLs script (kafka-acls).

• Either create a topic named attrep_apply_exceptions before starting the replication task or configure the brokers with auto.create.topics.enable=true.

Note that if this topic does not exist, the task will always fail when it encounters a data error, regardless of the error handling policy.

For a description of the attrep_apply_exceptions table, see Apply exceptions

HASK_0-1628227182698.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HASK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Did some further investigation and apparently it was Kafka connectivity issue and was resolved by adding advertised listener at Kafka end. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Timeout usually points to network issues.

Are you able to publish from the same server using a console producer or some other producer?

HASK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Did some further investigation and apparently it was Kafka connectivity issue and was resolved by adding advertised listener at Kafka end.