Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rommel_oli
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to replicate changes from source to target

Hi, 

Replicate is having an error ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested [1022307] (oracle_endpoint_apply.c:2014).

Replicate Version: 6.6.0-571

Source: Oracle 10g

Target: Oracle 12c

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi @rommel_oli ,

I have done a quick search of our system and found a couple of incidents that may relate to this oracle error.

In replicate the following limitations apply. Please check your table to see if either of these is applicable to you.

1. Normally this is caused by a table that have to many columns and or that table contain wider columns.

since I do not have the table create statement DDL on the source and target. I assume that this is the case.

2. Two issues which are not supported.

A) We support Oracle table with less than 500 columns even in transactional mode

The table contains wider columns which produce sql statements larger than 32k.
The ORA-01460 is due to sql statements larger than 32k and which is causing for failure , for Replicate this as the data error.

B) Replicate building a target end point statement and passing the values as literals in the SQL statement has limit of 32k statement size.
Replicate cannot handle larger than 32k size statements and this is a limitation

Thanks,
Michael

View solution in original post

rommel_oli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

hi Michael, 

Thank you for the response. This answers my question since in our system, we have tables with 951 columns. Although in other the same table with 951 columns, it is working fine but i believe the issue is on the 32K statement size. Some column names are as large as Oracle limitation (30 chars). 

Rommel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi @rommel_oli ,

I have done a quick search of our system and found a couple of incidents that may relate to this oracle error.

In replicate the following limitations apply. Please check your table to see if either of these is applicable to you.

1. Normally this is caused by a table that have to many columns and or that table contain wider columns.

since I do not have the table create statement DDL on the source and target. I assume that this is the case.

2. Two issues which are not supported.

A) We support Oracle table with less than 500 columns even in transactional mode

The table contains wider columns which produce sql statements larger than 32k.
The ORA-01460 is due to sql statements larger than 32k and which is causing for failure , for Replicate this as the data error.

B) Replicate building a target end point statement and passing the values as literals in the SQL statement has limit of 32k statement size.
Replicate cannot handle larger than 32k size statements and this is a limitation

Thanks,
Michael

rommel_oli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

hi Michael, 

Thank you for the response. This answers my question since in our system, we have tables with 951 columns. Although in other the same table with 951 columns, it is working fine but i believe the issue is on the 32K statement size. Some column names are as large as Oracle limitation (30 chars). 

Rommel