Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Unable to start a task when Replicate Log Miner is selected

Hi Team,

The replicate task is stuck at "Starting task" when I select Replicate Log Miner for Redo logs for CDC. 

The task starts fine when Oracle Log Miner is selected. I do not see any error in the logs. Also, we haven't provided "Create" permission due to access restrictions. However, respective logs have been created granted access to.

Source: Oracle 19.x

Target: Kafka 2.13 

Kindly let me know if anything can be done in this regard. 

1 Reply
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @dineshkumarl ,

There 2 different installation type of Oracle 19C, not sure if your DB is Container Database or not. If it's multitenant type then you cannot use LogMiner, see how to connect to the pluggable databases .

If it's not a Container Database, then LogMiner is an option still, both access mode "Oracle LogMiner" and "Replicate Log Reader" work fine. Please make sure the account have Required permissions . The best practice is check the task log file to understand why it does not work, if you can set SOURCE_CAPTURE to Verbose then it's much better.

BTW, even the LogMiner works in your env, the "Replicate Log Reader" is highly recommended as its better performance and lower impact on the source DB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!