Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashs
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unusual Error for large DB2 source tables, and unusual behavior of tasks

Hi Team, 

I am seeing some unusual behavior of qlik tasks. When I try to start a task it hangs for long with status 'Starting' and also when I try to stop it, it again takes lots of time. Not sure what the issue is. Also is there any way to handle it from qlikreplicate web console (without going to windows server).

Another issue noticed it while doing a full load, some tables ends in error with message as below

"UNSUCCESSFUL EXECUTION CAUSED BY DEADLOCK OR TIMEOUT error encountered while FETCH-ing data from table 'IBMILIB.TABLE'
RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 07005 NativeError: -227 Message: [IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver][DB2 for i5/OS]SQL0227 - FETCH not valid, cursor SQL_CUR990BD360 in unknown position."

Could you suggest what is the reason behind it and how it can be resolved?

Thanks

Ash

Labels (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Ashs ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community here!

Another issue noticed it while doing a full load, some tables ends in error with message as below

"UNSUCCESSFUL EXECUTION CAUSED BY DEADLOCK OR TIMEOUT error encountered while FETCH-ing data from table 'IBMILIB.TABLE'
RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 07005 NativeError: -227 Message: [IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver][DB2 for i5/OS]SQL0227 - FETCH not valid, cursor SQL_CUR990BD360 in unknown position."

There are different reasons that may lead to this error. Let's troubleshoot it by steps:

1. Open DB2i source endpoint
  2. Go to the Advanced tab
  3. Go to the Additional ODBC connection properties
  4. Add below connection string in the input label:
    waitLockTimeout
    set its value to 300 (seconds, = 5 minutes)

Try to run the task again to see if the problem disappears. You may adjust the value to fit your environment.

Other options:
How to Filter Table that has heavy updates and locking on iSeries

When I try to start a task it hangs for long with status 'Starting' and also when I try to stop it, it again takes lots of time. Not sure what the issue is.

Looks like Replicate was trying to get some metadata information however the server did not response in time. You may check task log file to understand what operations were doing during the time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Ashs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks John for your suggestions. It worked!! 

Ashs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For the second task hanging in status 'Starting', it was not sure what the error is with it. But I exported that task and imported again by changing name of task and it is working without any issue. I checked both jsons and there is no change between those except second one is having different job name and description (prefix - sample to first one).  

3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Ashs ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community here!

There are different reasons that may lead to this error. Let's troubleshoot it by steps:

1. Open DB2i source endpoint
  2. Go to the Advanced tab
  3. Go to the Additional ODBC connection properties
  4. Add below connection string in the input label:
    waitLockTimeout
    set its value to 300 (seconds, = 5 minutes)

Try to run the task again to see if the problem disappears. You may adjust the value to fit your environment.

Other options:
How to Filter Table that has heavy updates and locking on iSeries

When I try to start a task it hangs for long with status 'Starting' and also when I try to stop it, it again takes lots of time. Not sure what the issue is.

Looks like Replicate was trying to get some metadata information however the server did not response in time. You may check task log file to understand what operations were doing during the time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Ashs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks John for your suggestions. It worked!! 

Ashs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For the second task hanging in status 'Starting', it was not sure what the error is with it. But I exported that task and imported again by changing name of task and it is working without any issue. I checked both jsons and there is no change between those except second one is having different job name and description (prefix - sample to first one).