UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkiran
Contributor
Contributor

What is the best recommended version of Qlik Replicate to Upgrade from Older version Qlik Replicate May 2022 (2022.5.0.231)

Hi 

We have Qlik Replicate May 2022 (2022.5.0.231) on our server. I see that May 2024 is the latest version. I am not sure if it's recommended version can you please let me know if I can directly upgrade from May 2022 to May 2024. Much appreciated if you could help us with necessary steps for upgrading.

Thank you,

Labels (1)
3 Replies
kng
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Thanks for reaching Qlik Community!!

We always recommend to upgrade replicate to the latest version. The latest replicate version is 2024.5. I suggest to upgrade to 2024.5 sp01.

Please find the below link which helps you with the path to upgrade Replicate

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-Replicate-Release-Notes-May-2024-Initial-Release/ta...

Hope this helps!!

Regards,
shivananda

kng
Support
Support

Hello Team,

More specifically to upgrade from 2022.5

1. Upgrade to Replicate November 2022.
2. Upgrade to Replicate May 2023 SR.
3. Upgrade to Replicate May 2024.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,
shivananda

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kkiran 

You can find best practices & a PDF with upgrade steps here: Qlik Replicate Upgrade Best Practices - Qlik Community - 1729651

Yes as @kng said, version 2024.5 is the current release for production use. We have issued a service pack for it this week, so if you go with that version, please download it here: https://files.qlik.com/url/qr2024050247sp01

We generally patch a version for 2 years, so going with this version will preventing needing to upgrade again for 2 years to simply be on a "supported" version that we are still issuing patches for.

Some companies adopt a latest release minus one version and apply the latest service pack in order to obtain more "mature" code that has been in the field longer. If you go that route, you would install version 2023.11 SP4 (check the release notes to see if you need to apply other versions first or if you can go straight to this version): Qlik Replicate Release Notes November 2023 - Initi... - Qlik Community - 2110765

Generally, we don't publish every service pack on the main downloads page as they are for specific issues - you can always open a support case to request the latest service pack download link.

Another consideration is the versions of your source and target databases. When they are upgraded it can drive the need to upgrade Replicate - or conversely, if you are not able to upgrade a source or target for other reasons, may prevent you from going to the latest version of Replicate.

Also, please check the version of the operating system that is supported by the version of Replicate you want to use. It's specified in the release notes as well as our documentation at help.qlik.com.

Lastly, if you use Qlik Enterprise Manager or Compose, please confirm in the release notes which versions of those products you need to use with the version of Replicate you plan to upgrade to.

Hope this helps!

Dana