Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

XML file to Snowflake

Hi there,

As seen in multiple webinars about Qlik Replicate, the screenshot attached shows that XML files are supported as a source.

I would like to know if it's possible to replicate XML files to Snowflake ?

I've tried to setup a source file in Replicate, but it seems like only CSV files are accepted, because it's asking for file delimiter, record delimiter, and so on, which is not relevant for a XML file...

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards,

Thiebaud

Labels (1)
2 Replies
AlexeySosnovskih
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

The Replicate File endpoint can be used either as a source or as a target. When used as
a source, the File endpoint requires the source files to be in delimited text file format.
When used as a target, the File endpoint generates the data files either in delimited text
file format (CSV) or in JSON format (according to the format selected in the endpoint
settings).

When you configure the File Source endpoint in Replicate, you need to specify which row
and column delimiters are used in your CSV source files as well as which characters are
used to enclose columns containing delimiters.

You can't use XML file format as a source file.

Transform XML files to CSV format and then you will be able to ingest it to the snowflake target.

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @AlexeySosnovskih 

Thanks a lot for your answer, but then I don't understand why XML is listed as a source in my screenshot attached, which is from a Qlik webinar...