cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misha_sql
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can't create source connection to SQL Server

Hello, I am completely new to Qlik Replication and just playing around with a free trial version. I am trying to do some basics, like creating a source which points to my development SQL Server. However, when I test the connection I get this error:

• Failed to connect
  • RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: HYT00 NativeError: 0 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Login timeout expired

I know that my credentials are correct because I tested them from other tools and copy/pasted both username and password. This seems pretty basic and should work. What am I missing?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

I notice you are using the TestDrive version of Replicate.  Please note - this is running under cloud infrastructure and provides a number of labs so you may test Replicate with pre-built sources and targets.   

Is the SQL Server your on-premise SQL Server?  The TestDrive env would need access from the public internet to your SQL server env.  (Not specifically something I would recommend with the TestDrive servers that are provisioned and not what the TestDrive is built for).   

If you are interested in being able to test Qlik Replicate against your on-premise resources, I recommend reaching out to your local Qlik representatives as we do provide the ability to perform proof of concepts with your own data.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Misha_sql,

We are sorry you are having issues. Can you connect to this Source outside of Replicate using the same ODBC connection setting? That you have on the SQL Server and is defined in ODBC Manager 64 bit on Windows and or Linux. Let us know if you are able to.

Thanks,
David
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

I notice you are using the TestDrive version of Replicate.  Please note - this is running under cloud infrastructure and provides a number of labs so you may test Replicate with pre-built sources and targets.   

Is the SQL Server your on-premise SQL Server?  The TestDrive env would need access from the public internet to your SQL server env.  (Not specifically something I would recommend with the TestDrive servers that are provisioned and not what the TestDrive is built for).   

If you are interested in being able to test Qlik Replicate against your on-premise resources, I recommend reaching out to your local Qlik representatives as we do provide the ability to perform proof of concepts with your own data.

misha_sql
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That's it, thank you for clarification! So there is no way for me to just download a trial version to install from your website? I know Attunity used to have this ability.

misha_sql
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Than you, David! Yes, I can connect via ODBC just fine. The comment from Tim Garrod explain my problem.