Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daud
Contributor
Contributor

problem with replicate [Oracle source to Oracle target]

Hello all

I am new to Attunity (Qlik). I am testing it and trying to learn it before I deploy it to production environment.

The setup is very simple; the source is Oracle 11 and the target is also Oracle 11. 

I created one task to replicate just a single table; this table has over 11m records. 

It is easy to setup the replication but it does not work as expected. The changes are not getting applied at the target after the initial load. If i look at the task, the initial load shows 100% complete. But for the changes, everything is 0 even though there are changes getting commited in the source table. 

I have enabled supplemental logging in the source database. There is no transformation; it is a one-to-one mapping for each column from source to target. 

Did I miss something? In the log file, i saw what looked like an error or warning. See below.

Daud_0-1590481335223.png

How do I solve this?

thanks.

Daud

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

I think at this point it is impossible for us to debug your setup over this forum discussion. Can you please open a support case?

Thank you

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PGN
Creator II
Creator II

Under the task properties, is Apply Change Processing set to on?  I believe the default is Yes, but it may have gotten changed.  You would not need store changes (the second option), unless you plan to use _CDC (change data capture) tables.

Daud
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes it is on. 

The first 2 options are on. Only the 'Store Changes' are off.

Thanks.

rommel_oli
Contributor II
Contributor II

Have you followed all the requirements needed in the source specifically the grants needed? 

Daud
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I have.

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

I think at this point it is impossible for us to debug your setup over this forum discussion. Can you please open a support case?

Thank you

Daud
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The problem seems to be our choice of using Attunity Log Reader. When we switched to using oracle logminer, it seems to work fine. 

My colleague in the US will log a report with Attunity. 

Thanks.

Attunity_user
Creator
Creator

Hi Daud,

If it is an Attunity log reader issue, maybe it's because of the redo log file that gets saved in the Attunity server is not getting logged successfully.  This tool is fairly new for us and the source & target is Oracle as well.

Thanks