Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nineFingers
Contributor
Contributor

qlik replicate oracle 11g advanced tab settings (defaults)

a question came up in the last couple of days that i need to get cleared up. the main Oracle dba wanted some questions clarified.

Source is Oracle11g, on advanced tab, automatically add supplemental logging is checked, replicate log reader button is checked, use path as it appears in the database is checked. that is all.

i assume that with these settings if necessary, the archive logs can be located and used if necessary. we had an issue were the archive logs were being zipped frequently, the replication process failed due to not be able to find the archive logs. the dba says that the replication process would need a linux login and that login would need file access and the the qlik process would 'ssh' to the server and access the archive logs. it is my understanding that the connection settings as above will allow the replication process to access the archive logs as necessary and the failure to do so was due to them being gzipped before the failed process could be resumed.

i have been over the connection settings and the instructions in detail and assume the way i have set up oracle replication is correct. i am responsible for replication (endpoints are sql server) and have limited oracle experience.

thanks for any info.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nineFingers
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for the confirmation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with your understanding. We usually recommend a 3 day moving window for Oracle redo log file retention for that very reason of being able to start with a timestamp in the past or resume a task that has been stopped for a long time.

Thanks,
Michael

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nineFingers ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your configuration is correct. In Oracle database, the location of the archived redo log files are recorded in Oracle internal view V$ARCHIVED_LOG. Replicate query this view to know from where to read the archived redo log files to capture changes from them. however by default the location and format cannot be changed manually or by 3rd party apps. In your scenario, seems both location and format are not Oracle originally generated.

• Regarding the format, Replicate cannot read non-default format, redo log files should be unzipped/uncompressed before Replicate access them.
  • Regarding the path, if it's not the default location which generated by Oracle, then it can be configued in Replicate endpoint setting Replacing the path prefix.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
nineFingers
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for the confirmation.