Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nguy0306
Contributor
Contributor

replicate oracle 11g solaris 10 to oracle 19c red hat 7

Does Qlik Replicate support the replication from Oracle 11.2.0.4 db on Solaris 10 to Oracle 19c db on Red Hat 7?  I am looking for ways to migrate the data without interruption to the production environment.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

The most recent support matrix for Qlik Replicate can be found here - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/Content/Replicate/6.5/PDF/Support_Matrix.pdf

Replicate supports these Oracle version as a source - 

Oracle

10.x, 11.x, 12.1, 12.2.0.1, and 18.3

and as a target - 

Oracle

10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 18.x, and 19.x

View solution in original post

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Replicate runs on a mid-tier server (Linux or Windows) and captures changes from the Oracle database (log based capture) remotely and then delivers those changes remotely.  (i.e. there are no agents to deploy on your Solaris server).   Therefore,  it does not matter what OS you are running your Oracle database on because - it only matters that it supports the specific RDBMS versions you are running.  So yes.  Replicate supports your use case (Oracle 11g to Oracle 19c)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

The most recent support matrix for Qlik Replicate can be found here - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/Content/Replicate/6.5/PDF/Support_Matrix.pdf

Replicate supports these Oracle version as a source - 

Oracle

10.x, 11.x, 12.1, 12.2.0.1, and 18.3

and as a target - 

Oracle

10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 18.x, and 19.x

nguy0306
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, I don't see Oracle Solaris 10 as the platform.  Is that supported as the source platform?

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Replicate runs on a mid-tier server (Linux or Windows) and captures changes from the Oracle database (log based capture) remotely and then delivers those changes remotely.  (i.e. there are no agents to deploy on your Solaris server).   Therefore,  it does not matter what OS you are running your Oracle database on because - it only matters that it supports the specific RDBMS versions you are running.  So yes.  Replicate supports your use case (Oracle 11g to Oracle 19c)

plakhanpal1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @TimGarrod ,

What's the roadmap for supporting Oracle 19.x as a source ?

Thanks,

Puneet.

MarinaEmbon
Employee
Employee

Oracle 19.0 will be supported as a source in Replicate 6.6

plakhanpal1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MarinaEmbon ,

Is there a release date for Replicate 6.6 ? I have a customer reviewing CDC products from Oracle into Snowflake and Oracle 19.X support is a must have.

MarinaEmbon
Employee
Employee

The preview for Replicate 6.6 should be available any day now in the community.