Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Hussein
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access ...( ensures that each department has access to its partition only )

I have a query please if I created an application that includes Dashboard to facilitate the presentation and analysis of data from an Excel file containing information pertaining to all employees in all departments of the company and I want to share the application with the heads of departments across Qlik Sense Cloud so that each head of the department sees only the department assigned for him and does not see the rest of the departments. Note that the Excel file contains many columns and rows and that the department column contains all departments in the same file. Can I apply this idea in one application in Qlick Sense ... ensures that each department has access to its partition only ...

Labels (3)
7 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Ahmed,

It not supported in the Qlik Sense Cloud.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

What you can do is create multiple apps, but only assign the app to the particular group.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Ahmed_Hussein
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much, Are you sure there is no way to solve such problems in Qlick Sense  enterprise 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can solve this with Qlik Sense Enterprise, that is not a problem.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Ahmed_Hussein
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok thank you, Could you tell me that the mechanism or method to do that ... 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Of course, check my link above. This is also an example:

Example: Data reduction based on user id

Section Access;
LOAD * inline [
ACCESS, USERID, REDUCTION, OMIT
USER, AD_DOMAIN\ADMIN, *,
USER, AD_DOMAIN\A, 1,
USER, AD_DOMAIN\B, 2, NUM
USER, AD_DOMAIN\C, 3, ALPHA
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER, *,
];
section application;
T1:
LOAD *,
NUM AS REDUCTION;
LOAD
Chr( RecNo()+ord('A')-1) AS ALPHA,
RecNo() AS NUM
AUTOGENERATE 3;
The field REDUCTION (upper case) now exists in both section access and section application (all field values are also upper case). The two fields would normally be totally different and separated, but using section access, these fields are linked and the number of records displayed to the user is reduced.

The field OMIT, in section access, defines the fields that should be hidden from the user.

The result will be:

1. User ADMIN can see all fields and only those records other users can see in this example when REDUCTION is 1,2, or 3.
  2. User A can see all fields, but only those records associated to REDUCTION=1.
  3. User B can see all fields except NUM, and only those records associated to REDUCTION=2.
  4. User C can see all fields except ALPHA, and only those records associated to REDUCTION=3.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Ahmed_Hussein
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much, Jordy Can I have your user name on Instagram or anything I can communicate with you easily  

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

No problem, I don't have any social media accounts. You send a PM via the Qlik Community if you want.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder