Did you mean: 
ecabanas
Creator II
Creator II

Error saving QVD

HI

I'm Trying to save a table into a QVD but I received this error:

Set VStore='E:\QlikSense\QVD\';
NSTransactions: LOAD CREATED_FROM_ID, TRANDATE, TRANSACTION_EXTID, TRANSACTION_ID, TRANSACTION_TYPE, //BASE_AMOUNT, ENTITY_ID, If(Left([TRANSACTION_EXTID], 3)='FV0', Replace([TRANSACTION_EXTID], 'FV', 'PV'), Replace([TRANSACTION_EXTID], 'FV', 'PR')) as SalesId, XBASEAMT1+XBASEAMT2+XBASEAMT3+XBASEAMT4 as Bruto_Fra; SQL SELECT CREATED_FROM_ID, TRANDATE, //BASE_AMOUNT, TRANSACTION_EXTID, TRANSACTION_ID, TRANSACTION_TYPE, ENTITY_ID, XBASEAMT1,XBASEAMT2,XBASEAMT3,XBASEAMT4 FROM "*******".*********.TRANSACTIONS Where TRANSACTION_TYPE='Invoice'or TRANSACTION_TYPE='Sales Order'or TRANSACTION_TYPE='Inventory Adjustment'; STORE NSTransactions INTO $(VStore)NS_Transactions.qvd (qvd);

error:

Screenshot_2.png

I'm new on Sense and trying to migrate from Qlikview to Sense 😉

Thank's

Eduard

2 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

For security reasons, Qlik Sense in standard mode does not support absolute or relative paths in the data load script or functions and variables that expose the file system.

You will require to create a new folder connection that points to E:\QlikSense\QVD\ in the script editor or data manager.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/adding-data...

you can then use the folder connection below to store the QVD files.

STORE NSTransactions INTO 'lib://FolderConnection/NS_Transactions.qvd (qvd)' ;

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to define a folder connection first for the location where you want to store your qvd. Then you need to use that folder connection with the LIB:// syntax to tell Qlik Sense where to store your qvd. 

Either that or enable Legacy mode so you can use old fashioned windows file paths.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand