Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txuninho
Contributor
Contributor

list box single value to select within an field array of values

Hi,

Is there a way of select a single value in a list box that would check if that value is present within a field array. For instance, I have for customer I'd have an array for language, [FR, EN, ES,...], an array for device [COMPUTER, MOBILE, ...], another one for places ...

So if for instance I select FR in my language selection box, I'd like to see every customer that speak FR amongst their other languages

Usually I have one line per dimension id for a customer as I know that Qlik maps on case sensitive value but here it would means billion configurations  ...

With big data, I think it is nowadays common need to both aggregate and loop inside micro values

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes it is possible, for example, created this in QlikView but Sense would be the same:Community.png

Measure would be:

=sum({$<LNG_Array={"*$(=LNG)*"}>}Value) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes it is possible, for example, created this in QlikView but Sense would be the same:Community.png

Measure would be:

=sum({$<LNG_Array={"*$(=LNG)*"}>}Value) 

txuninho
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Jochem,

That seems great and just with a classic Set Analysis; i'll it a try in a few minutes.

By the way, does the array field need a special format as in your example it looks like a concatenate(values,',') and I was thinking of a standard array "[value1,value2]" ... but I can make it output as in your example 

Cheers

Julien

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

no problem because it will do a wildcard search on the selected value: *FR* in the example.