Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

AJAX not working, lots of fiber loops, no CPU load

Hi

We have a 6.7G .qvw file. Recently it starts to generate lots of fiber loop errors in qvs event log. Normally fiber loop shows CPU busy. But there was no CPU load at all when this file generated fiber loop. No user can open it from AJAX when there is fiber loop error.

Today it was serials of fiber loop, lasted 4 hours, but no CPU load at all during this period.

Below warning was today at 00:37am. First fiber loop happened at 9:52am. I guess they are not connected, right?

Warning PGO: Failed to open \\pgofiles\PGOFiles\IniData.pgo. Error : Encountered a sharing violation while accessing \\pgofiles\PGOFiles\IniData.pgo.. Time: 11547 ms

But what could be the root cause for such fiber loop? Where to start investigate?

Best regards,

Susan

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! Which version are you on?
We had some instability issues with Fiber Loops as symptom in the 12.20 track: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000059269

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Daniele,

We use QlikView 12.30.20100.0.

It is clustered environment, and we have dedicated qvs node for that customer. The customer has 3 .qvw documents. Yesterday it was another document caused exactly same symptom. But the file is only 96Mb.

Best regards,

Susan

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Susan, just wanted to follow-up on this one for you, given the pgo file access issue as well, this seems to be more of an issue with access to the file share than anything else.  Where is that file share in relation to the servers?  If it is on one of the QVS nodes, you may want to consider doing a dedicated file server and place the file share on that box instead and see if that has things behave better.  Many customers use a virtual machine for the file server with that host connected to a SAN unit etc.  Can you provide some further info on the storage side of things as far as what you are using etc.?  I might be able to shed some further light upon things if so.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.