Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access to reload qvw exclusively from a path using the console

The path PATH1 has some qvw and the PATH2 has some others. How can I give access to the GROUPN to reload exclusively what is in PATHN ?

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Usually this is done by either giving the corresponding permissions in the filesystem, so each user member of a group is able to see only the documents he has been granted to.

But the QMC allows you to add any user in your security directory to the Document Administrators browsing to System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Folder Access tab.

There you can set up what users can create and perform reload and distribution tasks for which folders.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

I can see a label that says Document Administrators, but when I try to select one user the list is empty. I searched my name on it writing domain\username, but nothing appears to be selected.

Could you guide me to tell me what else I have to check?

Thanks.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, the list is empty. You first need to make sure that the security directory you are going to use (for example, Active Directory of your domain) is correctly set up in the QMC, System, Setup, Directory Service Connectors. Once you have done that, go to the QMC, Users tab, select your Directory in the Search In dropdown, then search for the user in that domain you want to use.

If the user appears, go back to QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Folder Access, click on the Add Users icon, and in the dialog that appears, search for this user again, making sure that, on the left dropdown Default Scope your configured Directory is selected.

Hope that helps.

Miguel