Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication without entering (login/pwd)

Hello

I need to connect directly to accesspoint without entering the credentials

my authentication setting in the QMC for the moment are

-Authentification > Always

- Type > Ntlm

- Login Address > Default login page

how can I open accesspoint with my session without having to enter the credentials everytime?

Thanks in advance for your help

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The settings are OK.

Is your browser configured to send your AD credentials to the AccessPoint?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply, it's Internet explorer 11, How can we check that?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dunno, I'm using IE9 but not very often.

Look in Tools->Internet Options->Advanced. There should be an IWA checkbox under Security.

Note that this won't work if you are using IE11 on the same server machine as the one the AccessPoint is installed on. Servers have enhanced browsing security enabled, and they don't like localhost as destination.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you again fo ryour reply , but what happens if only users g on IE 11 and it's not used on the server , but rather from their own machines?

Not applicable
Author

Actually it didn't work, I have also tried checked some other  options but we still get the login window.

thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This depends on the URL you are trying to use. If it has a "." (dot) in it like test.com or 192.168.10.1 you will have to at the web site to either your Local Intranet or Trusted Sites in IE.

Intranet site is identified as an Internet site when you use an FQDN or an IP address

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.