Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

C# Software with OCX, Error on close program

Hello,

I've written a CSharp program that has the OCX on a form. I can use the OpenDocument and even select data, see reports. Works fine.

But, when quiting the program i'm each time getting a error.

Is there a way to tell the OCX to close the Document he has opened ?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

it is a bug in the SR4 version of the OCX

here is the answer from the support:

We have logged it as bug ID 28139 with our QA department. If approved the bug will hopefully be fixed in the next Service Release - however due to uncertainties regarding potential related problems and program priorities we cannot guarantee a fix date at this time.

you can close a document with the CloseDoc() method of a document object, however even without doing anything with the OCX the error will appear

i suggest you to use the SR2 version which is the most stable for OCX development

Not applicable
Author

Harry Leboeuf wrote:
Hello,
I've written a CSharp program that has the OCX on a form. I can use the OpenDocument and even select data, see reports. Works fine.
But, when quiting the program i'm each time getting a error.
Is there a way to tell the OCX to close the Document he has opened ?<div></div>

Please tell me using OCX can we deploy it in web. If yes in that case do we need server/publisher/ajax license also. I thought OCX can be used to deployed the document in client(desktop) not in web.

I am very new for deployment. So this may a simple question. Please don't mind

Not applicable
Author

Can i Downgrade just by running the Setup of SR2 agaian ??

Not applicable
Author

Dear all,

what about this issue?

The release notes of 9 SR5 reports that the bug is solves, but I've have still a problem like this, when close the document.

When try with sr2 it works!

PS: also when opening a doc there is a strange behavior after SR2