Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

CAL / Document Manager

HI,

I've just posted here http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5281 a set of tools/QVW which will allow you to analyse CAL / doc / authorisation. Some basic info are of course available ("who has not used his CAL for 1 month ?", "How many Doc CAL does user XXX has ?", ...) but it will also be possible to find out if you have "lost" CALs (CAL allocated to deleted documents) and even to automatically delete Document CAL based on their last usage time.

I've tested CAL deletion on my side without any issue but it's still a sensitive operation so, please, test it on your dev environment before doing it on production 😉 Other operations only read data so there is no risk to break things !

Feel free to make suggestions / comments of course.

Hope you will like it!

David

21 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey everyone, I just want to try to clarify something here, from what I understand, the issue with David's old site had nothing to do with the QMSEDX.exe he had there, that was perfectly fine, the issue was with the CAL Manager and the fact there was no reference to the limitations on using the CAL Manager, legal terms as specified in the document at the link below.  I just wanted to provide some clarification on this post for future visitors.  

https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license-agreements/qlikview/qlikview-license-metrics-en....

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
ezer
Contributor
Contributor

HEllo, the mention link has been permanently deleted from Qlik . Do you know where I can find the relative dlls to  enable/install the cal manager. I have also contacted Qlik thru a case , they did not help